Is it for me?
Definitely one of the best bike routes in Peru, suitable for all levels of bikers. Recommended for the active traveler like you, who want to spend a full day out of this city and see this sacred valley from a different perspective on an extremely versatile route.
Not previous biking experience required.
This route, offering you excitement cultural and spectacular scenery. Suitable for all types of cyclist, from beginners to the most experienced. This route is situated less than an hour away from Cusco, we visit the marvelous terraces of Moray (an ancient Inca agricultural experimentation area) after that we will arrive at the Maras' salt pans where you can appreciate the incredible job of how to extract the salt since Pre-Incas time until this days.
A combination of defined paths and narrow trails which pass through the agricultural fields offer the cyclist the chance to feel the freedom of the great outdoors and to enjoy a day of excitement on the downhill, together with the satisfying sensation of exercising on the flat ground and the gentle uphill.
Wonderful views of the impressive Vilcanota mountain range accompany us throughout the journey
- Max. Elevation: 3700m./12000f.
- Min. Elevation: 2900m./9400f.
- Average distance: 30km.
- Difficult level: 2-3
- Estimate time: all day.
- Mountain bike.
- Helmet and gloves.
- Transportation from your hotel to the departure point and from the end the ride back to your hotel.
- English speaking guide.
- Mechanic. /assistant guide (when 5 clients or more).
- Enjoyed one of the Andean picnic lunch.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance ticket to the ruins (in case you want to visit)
What we recommend you to bring:
- Daypack to carry your personal thinks.
- Light jacket for wind and occasional rain.