Machu Picchu is a destination that all Peruvians should know and main destination for all international tourists, so, here are some tips to make your trips to Machu Picchu much more rewarding and safe:
Well, I have personally traveled to Cusco more 3 times to Machu Picchu, it is an unforgettable experience, I could go another 5 times more and I assure you that I will still say the same thing !!, however, I have heard problems and complaints of some tourists, many of them experience real nightmares, but all this is due to lack of information, so I decided to make this article to help all those who want to have a magical trip to Machu Picchu and the ancient Cusco without problems:
1. The weather: is a very important factor, look carefully at what time you are going to visit Machu Picchu, many travelers say that it is best to go in the dry season (April to October) where there are not many clouds and photos are spectacular ... but, because it is a dry season the grass looks a little yellow and the prices increment notory, however, in the rainy season (November to March) you will see the grass very green, beautiful, everything blooms ... but many times the rain clouds play tricks on us, that's why I do not recommend them, the best season is from May to July, when the grass is still green and there are no clouds ... eye, that in rainy season the prices go down a lot! (you know why).
2. Avoid pack many things: Machu Picchu is a place to walk, and walk a lot! a small briefcase and water is recommended to take, the road is long and many times the beautiful sun is present, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen would not be bad, but do not forget to wear a very light jacket, it is possible that in the afternoon a little wind runs, this tip to Machu Picchu is important.
3. Acclimatize: The first thing you have to do when you get to Cusco is to rest for at least a couple of hours and then go for a walk very slowly so that your body gets used to the altitude, you can take advantage of visiting first places in the city center like San Blas, the Main Square and the Stone of the 12 angles.
4. A good guide: makes the difference to have a good tour of Machu Picchu, keep in mind that you will receive a lot of information in a short time, ask for references about which are the most charismatic guides before entering the citadel (you can request it if you travel in a group).
5. First visit all the tourist sites and then visit the museums of Cusco: so you will understand better the explanations of the guide and can learn more, remember that most archaeological pieces are in museums.
6. All the services and trains to Machu Picchu are not the same: and there is a lot of difference in the categories of them, this you must know when considering a trip from Cusco, the train station is half an hour by taxi and the train that goes to Machu Picchu has a duration of 4 hours of travel (depending on what kind of train trip), the trip in an economic class is really economic but it can be very uncomfortable, on the other hand, the trip in a higher class or The first one is amazing, majestic, fantastic, but it can be extremely expensive.
7. The Inca Trail is cool!: good for adventure tourism, but keep in mind that you must have very good physical condition, plus proper equipment, in rainy season is extremely tired. Please take note that the famous Inca Trail is close on february
8. If you pass through Ollantaytambo: remember that the wind is strong, wearing glasses to protect against the gusts of wind and dirt that can enter the eyes.
9. Huayna Picchu, the mountain that is next to Machu Picchu: it appears in all the photos, has some ruins not very visited by tourism, if you arrive before 1:00 pm you can go up, but remember that it is very difficult, no experience is required climbing but to all people who want to climb, make him sign a record in which no one is responsible if something happens because of the high dangerousness and very difficult to access the area, it is worth mentioning that this mountain should not be climbed during the rainy season.
10. Always wear lightweight sportswear: a sweater or jacket at hand at all times, the weather is very variable, rain, sun, cold heat, everything is possible in Cusco, this is an important tip.
Finally Enjoy your trip following these tips that can be very useful for you.